IMEX America, one of the most important tradeshows for the Meeting Industry, will take place in Las Vegas, from 9 to 11 October 2012.
Big numbers are expected this year and many educational and networking events will run in the showfloor.
if you are attending the exhibition we suggest you to have a look at the topics of the 2 different sessions we are presenting there:
- The first one “How to Write a Good RFP for your Conference Mobile Application” is on Wednesday October 10th, 2012 from 10:30am to 11:00am at the Tech Pavilion, Stand 2941, Show Floor
- The second session is about “Audience Generated Content – Web Solutions for Virtual and Hybrid Meetings” and is Thursday October 11th, 2012 – 1:30pm – 2:00pm at the Tech Pavilion, Stand 2941, Show Floor
Both the sessions will be in the campfire format that means that we will not have any projector or screen.
The aim of this post is to give attendees the best tools to enjoy the sessions, most of all if they are iPad owners and they are willing to bring it to the session, but also if they are not. In the registration form indeed you will find the field where you can choose if you prefer “digital” material or if you need us to print a handout for you.
If you are going to come to the sessions you can register here:
[button link=”http://www.eventagist.com/imex-america-eventagist-sessions-registration-form/” color=”#000″ size=”3″ style=”1″ dark=”0″ square=”0″] Registration Form [/button]
The sessions are open and there is no limit to the number of participants. The form is only to start networking, to prepare the right number of paper handouts (we do our best to be eco-friendly!) and to keep you updated about last minutes changes.
The slides, together with other useful documents, will be available on LilyPad, a new mobile application (FREE) that will be used during both the campfire sessions.
Here are the simple instructions to use it. You can see it or, if you prefer, download it. Below I put anyway the same instructions for “non-tech” colleagues:
Before the sessions
- Download the app
Here is the link to the iPad App Store but you can simply go to the App Srore from your iPad and download the LilyPad App.
- Sign Up – Create a new user with your email address and password.
- Access Meetings – Enter the meeting ID for either, or both, of EVENTagist sessions.
Meeting ID 922 – How to write a good RFP for your conference app.
Meeting ID 923 – Audience Generated Content – Web Solutions for virtual and hybrid meetings.
- Pre-Download Content (the slides will be available 2 days before the show, now you can find there the link to the registration form, the file with all the info and a poll to help us managing the campfire according to your needs). Save time during the meeting by downloading the slides ahead of time. This will assure to have the slides on the iPad even if the WiFi of the Exhibition Center is not working properly
During the sessions
- Join – At the time of the session enter the meeting from your Meeting List.
The first one “How to Write a Good RFP for your Conference Mobile Application” is on Wednesday October 10th, 2012 from 10:30am to 11:00am at the Tech Pavilion, Stand 2941, Show Floor
The second session is about ”Audience Generated Content – Web Solutions for Virtual and Hybrid Meetings” and is Thursday October 11th, 2012 – 1:30pm – 2:00pm at the Tech Pavilion, Stand 2941, Show Floor
- Follow Along – Let the presenter control the slide or go at your own pace.
- Take Notes – Use the Marker or Highlighter to take notes right on top of each slide. Or use the iNotepad to type notes which will be attached to the current slide.
- Ask and Answer – Use the Question Feed to ask questions to the presenter in real time. No need to raise your hand or wait until the Q&A at the end.
- Answer Live Polls posted by the presenter to help guide the conversation.
After the sessions
- Review – Recaps are emailed to you directly after each session with your notes and any attachments the presenter wanted you to have. A history of all recaps is available for review anytime in the LilyPad App.
- Share – Let other know about the great session you attended and share your notes with them. Simply forward the recap email or use the in app options for email or social posting. Please remember to use the official hashtag for #IMEX12
I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE!
Stefania Conti-Vecchi, Speaker of the two sessions.